Виж темите без отговор | Виж активните теми Дата и час: Пет Мар 29, 2024 11:26 am

Отговори на тема  [ 3 мнения ] 
 ecutek в ECUто 
Автор Съобщение
Аватар

Рейтинг: 0
Нов фен
Отговори с цитат
някой да има ecutek софт в колат си?

Сря Авг 08, 2007 9:51 pm
Върнете се в началото
Профил
Аватар

Рейтинг: 6
Разчитай на мен
Отговори с цитат
Мнение 
аз съм чувал че EkoTek не е най-добрия вариант, COBB го харесват повече. ето какво пише в един от форумите за STi(iwsti.com)

Цитат:
Hey all,

THIS APPLIES TO ALL ECUTEK REFLASHES, NOT JUST 06 CARS.

In October, I had a new 06 STi. At the time, Cobb had not produced the AP for the 06s, and I was doing a stage 4 green setup. PDXTuning sold me an EcuTEK license and did a dynotune.

After much later installing a blowthrough, an EWG, WI, a header, and other items, PDXTuning felt that economics of the situation was such that with all the dyno tuning and the street tuning that I wanted, I could either buy a Cobb AP, Street Tuner, etc or pay them hourly to reflash EcuTEK. They made a good case for the Cobb, since I love to tune my car, know how, and would continue to make changes. PDXTuning would take my money, but Tim felt I'd have fun doing some of it myself.

So, two weeks ago, I bought a Cobb AP for my 06 STI and we proceeded to load the car up on the dyno. The Cobb AP would not marry to the PCM and we were afraid that the AP or the PCM was malfunctioning. We tried GreggPDX's AP (first we had to unmarry it from his 06, etc), and it would not communicate with the PCM either. Afraid that the PCM was broken, we plugged in EcuTEK and tried writing back to a stock program. Worked like a charm. With the stock program in place, the AP would still not recognize the PCM. We had to put my EcuTEK program back on the PCM and unload the car from the dyno. A call to Christian at Cobb didnt give any quick solutions. The next day I stopped by the local dealership and tried to have them re-flash the PCM. Their SPSC or whatever it was called wouldnt recognize my PCM either. I left before they started to ask further questions. I got home, and then sent the PCM off for analysis. Here is the final conclusion:

EcuTEK altered the handshaking such that no other program could enter the ECU. Not the Cobb AP, not Subaru, no-one except EcuTEK.

Apparently at least 06s (and possibly others) have some of the communication protocol instructions in a re-writable part of the ECU. Tuners currently DO NOT have the ability to put this back to stock.

Fortunately PDXTuning has refunded my $$$, and Cobb was able to get on the PCM (at their shop) and re-write it completely to stock.

I work at a company that sells shoes, apparel, and sports equipment. If we sold a shoe that you couldnt take off, you wouldnt buy it. If we sold you a shoe that you couldnt take off, and didnt tell you about it prior to you wearing it... well... everyone would sue us, wouldnt they? And they would have every right.

I'm disturbed by having a company do this to my car. Im angry that I couldnt reverse it and that I had to ask for a refund for something that I couldnt give back.

Rumor is that this was done to combat OpenECU. I dont care. Folks are going to copy you. You have to out-innovate them to stay in business, not take your customers hostage. Welcome to the 21st century.

Full Disclosure: Cobb determined what had been done, and reported it to me. I have no first hand knowledge of the changes made. Cobb competes with EcuTEK (somewhat). In this matter, based on my experiences with my PCM, they backup what was told to me, and I have no reason to distrust Cobb.

Good luck,
Chris

"And now for something completely different..."

има и едно друто, OpenECU, но все още се опитвам да проуча за какво точно става въпрос.
http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title=Downloads

Чет Авг 09, 2007 8:23 am
Върнете се в началото
Профил
Аватар

Рейтинг: 0
Нов фен
Отговори с цитат
Мнение 
Интересно, ще попитам в екутек как стоят нещата, предния собственик каза че може да се рефлашне до сток субару софт.

Чет Авг 09, 2007 9:22 am
Върнете се в началото
Профил
Покажи мненията от миналия:  Сортирай по  
Отговори на тема   [ 3 мнения ]